Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Italian Egg Muffins! Breakfast on the go!


I've seen this created a dozen times to include a variety of different breakfast meats, potatoes, etc. I am going to use Italian turkey sausage and hold off on the potatoes.
1.5 cups of fresh spinach
1/4 cup of whipping cream
8 eggs
1/2 white onion
1/2 bell pepper ( I used yellow and green)
1/2 cup of grated cheese
Season for your taste. I used 1.5 tablespoons of garlic salt
Keep in mind that the sausages are seasoned, so don't over season.
 Starting with the eggs (mix your eggs until yolks break), then add the in the remaining vegetables.
Grill the sausages until thoroughly cooked. Once they are cooked slice them and add them to the  mix.
 
Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
I used a large cupcake pan to cook this meal. I decided that I can have the cups contain two eggs a piece as opposed to one egg. Spray your cupcake pan with a light cooking spray. I used a coconut cooking spray. It is very light and has no after taste.  
 
I cook them in a preheated oven at 350 for 25 minutes. If you are using a traditional cupcake pan, decrease your time to 15-18 minutes. You can tell they are completely cooked once the top starts browning.
 
Remove them from the oven and enjoy!☺
The good thing about these muffins is they can be made to freeze if you aren't going to eat them all the same day.



No comments:

Post a Comment